Agave Lophantha, Ghaypat - Plant
Common name: Agave species
Color: light grayish green to yellow.
Bloom time: Infrequent.
Height: 1-2 feet.
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
In partially shaded areas, this plant can be used as a focal point in a desert garden, or in groups as a barrier. The saw-like flat leaves grow from a dense rosette base and spiral outwards.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: low as 11° F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- These plants are susceptible to root rot due to overwatering, so water carefully—too much moisture will kill them.
- Only water when the soil completely dries out.
- They require well-draining soil and prefer a sandy cactus soil mix.
The leaves are used to season meat and other foods in Caribbean, Latin American and Asian cuisines. It is often added to chutneys, a sauce containing fruits or vegetables that is eaten with other dishes.
- Used externally, it is very effective on burns and sunburn, as well as a variety of skin diseases (eczema, pruritus, psoriasis, acne) – it is extremely constructive and protective.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.