Tillandsia Cyanea, Pink Quill ( Green ) - Plant
Common name: pink quill
Bloom time: Winter
Height: 10 in (25 cm)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The deep planting encourages the developing stem to send out roots to help stabilize the plant and perhaps eliminate the need for staking. Also, deep planting keeps lily bulbs cool when temperatures soar.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 7°C (45°F),
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- In the spring and summer months, feed air plants every two weeks by spraying them with a high phosphorus fertilizer, diluted to ½ the normal strength.
- Leaf scales absorb the nutrients in the fertilizer.
- No fertilizer is required in the fall and winter months.
Pink Quill (T. cyanea), can be grown in a pot. Others tillandsia species can be pinned, tied, or glued onto a mount, such as twisted piece of wood or a large seashell.
- Used externally, it is very effective on burns and sunburn, as well as a variety of skin diseases (eczema, pruritus, psoriasis, acne) – it is extremely constructive and protective.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Luckily, plants are deer-resistant, so they might help keep nearby flowers from being eaten.
You may also need below items with plants
Recommended Planters : Rotomolded Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.