Zephyranthes Lily ( Mix ) - 10 Bulbs
Best in full sun. After summer bloom, plants go dormant. In fall before first frost, dig, dry and store bulbs for winter in a cool, frost-free location in a medium such as peat or vermiculite that is kept just slightly moist.
Common name: rain lily
Bloom time: July to August
Height: 0.75 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Clean away from around the base of the rosebushes any trimmed debris that can harbor disease and insects.Late in the season, stop deadheading rugosas so that hips will form on the plants; these can be harvested and dried on screens, away from sunlight, then stored in an airtight container.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 28 F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period.
- Select a site with soil that drains well.
- How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out.
- Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential.
- Also, select a site that gets full sun.
- The vining varieties require a support structure as some can get 15 feet tall.
- All plants prefer sun to light shade sites with well-draining and moderately fertile soil.
- Install the plant in the ground at the same level it was growing in the nursery pot.
- Most plants are grafted onto the common rootstock because of its superior hardiness.
Borders, rock gardens, along paths or sidewalks. Containers for patios, porches or decks. Houseplant.
- Zephyranthes rosea, commonly known as the Cuban zephyrlily, rosy rain lily, rose fairy lily, rose zephyr lily or the pink rain lily, is a species of rain lily native to Peru and Colombia.
- They are widely cultivated as ornamentals and have become naturalized in tropical regions worldwide.
for medicinal use
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.