Lycoris, Spider Lily ( Mix Colors ) - 4 bulbs
( 61 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
Common name: Cluster Amaryllis, Hurricane Lily, Magic Lily, Spider Lily, Stone Garlic.
Color: White, red, pink, orange, yellow. Lily-like. Umbel; four to eight flowers.
Bloom time: Late summer through to autumn.
Height: 12 to 36 inches (30 to 90 cm).
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Similar to tulips, the Red Spider Lily (Lycoris radiata) does not produce seeds to start new plants. Instead, you ll be planting bulbs, with the optimal time to plant usually being spring, although you can plant the bulbs during the summer months.
Each bulb needs to be planted right side up. The more pointed end is considered the top. The bulb should be planted about three inches deep, or at a depth about three times the height of the bulb. The plant does well in most types of soil, however, it may be benefitial to add a small amount of bone meal fertilizer into the bottom of the hole before placing the bulb inside. Space bulbs at least eight inches apart.
Sunlight: Full sunlight or partial shade
Soil: Good drainage. Acidic to neutral soil. Rich soil, moist soil.
Water: Regular watering to maintain soil moisture.
Fertilizer: Requires a feed every two years; do this during the growing season.
- Usually grown from bulbs or vegetatively propagated plants as seed grown plants can take up to 12 years to bloom.
- Bulbs: 3 to 8 inches (8 to 20 cm) depending upon species.
- End of summer.
- Seeds: Cover.
- Late summer or autumn; use fresh seed.
- Seeds should first be sown into flats.
- Next sink the flat into the ground in an area that offers shade, preferably close to a wall that faces north.
- Provide a glass/plastic covering.
- Keep an eye on the flats to ensure that the soil remains moist and to check if seedlings have emerged.
- Transplant the seedlings to their final location at the start of autumn.
- Sow Inside: No.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.