Hedychium, Ginger Lily ( Mix Colors ) - 4 Bulbs
( 65 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Radish F1 Great Long White - Seeds
- Coriander Imported - Seeds
- Cucumber F1 Samber Selection - Seeds
- Methi Kasturi, Fenugreek - Seeds
- Sunflower Large Bloom - Seeds
*Use coupon : NLWKGP
They come into flower in the summer and reach a height of 60 cm to 6 m.
Hedychium are very fragrant plants and should be grown where they can be appreciated or in borders.
Common name: Garland Flower, Ginger Lily, Yellow Ginger, Butterfly Lily, White Ginger, Orange Ginger, Kapur, Sandharlika.
Color: spiky flowers of orange, red, white or yellow, that may often be bicoloured.
Bloom time: summer
Height: 1.5-2.5 metres
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Grows in humus-rich, fertile, moist but well-drained soil in sun or partial shade. Choose a warm position sheltered from cold winds and give a deep winter mulch. An alternative is to grow it in a large container on a warm, sunny patio and to overwinter indoors or under glass.
Sunlight: Full Sun, Partial Shade
Soil: Moist but well-drained soil; Chalk, Loam, or Sand with pH: Acid, Alkaline, or Neutral.
Water: Ginger Lilies require regular watering.
- Hedychium plants can be sown outside at the beginning of spring before the last frost has happened.
- Simply cover the seed with a light dusting of topsoil.
- Ginger Lily and other Hedychium members like to grow in an area of the garden that is sunny and has very good drainage.
- They prefer to grow in a moist Humus rich soil.
- If you prefer to first grow Ginger lilies as seedlings indoors then they should be prepared about two months before due to be transplanted in the garden a few weeks after the last frost of spring.
- The Hedychium seeds should first be soaked for two hours in warm water prior to sowing.
- They should then be kept at about 21 to 24 degrees centigrade and will take about three or four weeks to germinate.
- When ready the young Hedychium plant should be put in the garden at about 60 to 80 cm apart.
- Ginger Lilies require regular watering.
- Once the flowering season is over cut back the flowering stems to the ground.
- If growing as a perennial then the rhizomes should be brought inside in cold areas.
- More Hedychium plants can be had by division of the rhizomes (make sure that each section contains an eye) at the end of winter.
You may also need below items for gardening
Recommended Planters :
Add a splash of beauty to balconies, patios, walls, fences & window sills with durable,light weight, Rotomolded planters.
Buy ready to use nutrient rich soil:
In general use a soil-based compost placed over a generous layer of drainage material such as earthenware crocks, pebbles or gravel. Water and feed regularly, especially while plants are bearing flowers and fruit, when a high-potash fertilizer is recommended.
Buy Decorative Pebbles :
Decorate planters or garden landscapes with these decorative pebbles :
Using pebbles in a garden brings different colours and textures to the garden. Pebbles can also fill up otherwise empty space in the garden, leaving a visual that might be considered more interesting and aesthetic than simple dirt, soil or mulch.