Silver torch - Plant
( 2 times booked in last 90 days )
The pack contains 5 seed packets of
- Bitter guard
- Bottle guard
*Use coupon : FRV2060
-High Quality 8 inch Plastic Pot with each plant.
-Offer Valid on orders with 3 or more Plants
Common name: Silver Torch, Wooly Torch, Silver Torch Cactus.
Bloom time: Spring and summer.
Height: Up to 10 feet.
Difficulty level: Easy to grow.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Strong sunlight.
Soil: free draining soils.
Water: Plenty of water during the summer, but almost none over the winter period.
Temprature: Does not prefer high temperatures. It can withstand hard frosts down to -10°C.
Fertilizer: At the start of the growth period, apply a dressing of long term slow fertiliser and stir it into the surface soil in the pot. As an alternative, fertiliser may be incorporated with the potting mixture when repotting.
- Cacti grown indoors tend to gather dust.
- These spiny cacti can be effectively washed down with a soft shaving brush.
- When cleaning them, it is a good idea to protect the roots by laying a piece of plastic sheeting over the potting mixture to prevent undue wetting at the base of the plant.
- Use newspaper as a wrapping to protect the hands from the spines when handling the cactus.
- Cleistocactus strausii makes an attractive landscape plant and or container patio plant where some height is needed, being an attractive accent plant.
- This columnar tall cactus is suitable for large landscape.
- Indoors make a spectacular ascent plant as mature Cleistocactus strausii and will flower if it is provided with enough light.
For any information of growing, care or identification of plants & seeds, please post on ask.nurserylive.com. Your query will be answered in approx 1 business day.
Ask your Query >>
ask.nurserylive.com is garden lovers platform (with 350k gardeners) to discuss & share experiences, concerns & queries.